Learning disorders affect how a person understands, remembers and responds to new information. People with learning disorders may have problems:
* Listening or paying attention
* Reading or writing
* Doing math
Although learning disorders occur in very young children, they are usually not recognized until the child reaches school age. About one-third of children who have learning disabilities also have ADHD, which makes it hard to focus. Evaluation and testing by a trained professional can help identify a learning disorder.
The next step is special education, which involves helping your child in the areas where he or she needs the most help. Sometimes tutors or speech or language therapists also work with the children. Learning disorders do not go away, but strategies to work around them can make them less of a problem.
This is a stand-alone qualification, which allows vertical alignment with programs of study completed at honours level within the following fields of study:
* Health Sciences
TYPE OF QUALIFICATION
Master’s diploma: minimum of 240 to 360 credits required by SAQA and NQA
Master’s degree: minimum of 480 to 520 credits required by SAQA and NQA
SAQA level 8; NQA level 9
SIGNIFICANT RELATIONS WITH OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
Successful completion of the Master’s degree program may lead to admission to doctoral level studies (i.e. PhD) offered at this University. The diploma does not lead to admission to doctoral level studies (i.e. PhD) offered at this University.
The program of study is delivered in e-learning format. Internet connectivity is required, as well as access to a computer. Students receive online supervision with contact supervision sessions intermittently.
1. Provisional admission
– Hold a valid National Senior Secondary Certificate (NSSC) at Ordinary or higher level.
– Obtain a minimum of 25 points in five(5) Grade 12 subjects based on the National Evaluation Point Scale.
– Have passed English at Grade 12 level with at least a D symbol or higher.
– Have passed Mathematics and two(2) other Science subjects at Grade 12 level.
2. Final Admission: – Must pass the selection test (Both Written & Oral).
– Must be in good health – certified by a medical practitioner.